Thursday, September 16, 2010

Keeping a Promise


Wondering how often do we make promises? For me.. i make promises everyday. But most promises are often not to other people, but to myself. And of course I broke my promises more than i make them...(dun get too confuse here..)


Well put it this way, I rather call those promises as 'self-target', meaning i target to do something and achieve something.. etc. No matter how big, great, tiny, achievable and non achievable that it may seem, i easily too often to forget about it. One of the 'forgotten promise' is ...just to write a blog.


I started this blog (well register..put a name..design it a bit) about 400plus day ago. For God sake, who didn't have a blog now?? I don't want to be called 'stone age moron' so i try to get myself a blog. And it is free. (Thanks for blogger.com for making me to believe that there is still free lunch in this world) I personally not addicted to writing my diary and post it online, not to mention that i often skipped my BI class cause..I hate writing.!! But because 'everyone has it...I need to have one' theory, I dragged myself to create one. Unfortunately, my enthusiasm flew away and I left it there to rot until few months ago I made a 'promise' to reactivate back, (after seeing how successful some blogger, with more & more advance and 3D look blog page). I was engulfed in guilt and envy (will talk about how I live my life in envy and jealosy in next coming blog..and see I made a promise again..)


That is a flash back .. and until today, my subconscious mind remind me of promise that I haven't fulfill. So, on today, I pull myself back, and I started to press hard my brain to squeeze some interesting topic out. I wonder how some blogger can write everything under the sun and make it colourful. They can turn a dustbin and describe it like an expensive china vase. Ahyah..don't want to think too much, just write lo... as long as u fulfill your promise. Who gona read it anyway.


Cut the crap short, the morale of the story is; it is easy to make promise like a man, but it is damn hard to keep the promise, especially to yourself. So don't say anything to yourself about i will.. i must... unless it really mean a lot you. If you can't even keep the promise that you make to yourself, don't dream to fulfill promises to others (friends, wife, parents). I remember my dad told me (nah..my dad never so philosopher, it was a phase from a book i read)..A man must do what he says, cause it is only what he gots..

A promise worth more than a thousand dollars..

No comments:

Post a Comment